Saturday, September 29, 2007

Age..... Who Cares?!?!?!?!?

The other day I was thinking about my age 16.... and sometimes I hate it when people ask for my age and I say 16. The look on there face is like I thought you were older but now I'm gald that I'm able to say that I'm 16.

I'm glad about this because this should be a way of me saying if God can use me a 16 year old then he can use someone thats older than me and some one that is younger than me as well. God has taught me that if you are willing to let God use you he is not going to say hold on until you are 18. In the Bible God considered 13 year olds men. One scripture that I like alot is the one found in Jeremiah

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew [a] you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
6 "Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."
7 But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.
9 Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth. 10 See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."

I like what it says here because I replace Jeremiah's name with mine (you should do the same). The firs time I read this verse was when Jessica gave me a card when I first started serving and It had this verse and I though cool and I reda it and didn't think much of it but now that I read it takes on a whole new meaning for me.

3 comments:

Jessica Torres said...

God has set you apart...anything you do in His name will be AMAZING! You are wise beyond your years...and used by God beyond your years too!

Bibi said...

God has definitely set you apart and age is not a factor for you!! :)

Damaris said...

you know, this exact same passage was what gave me the courage to do some of the things i did - at 16. Heck, it still speaks to me - at a completely different level/part of my life. I love how the Bible i so universal, yet so specific to each indivudal!!

i love this!

p.s. check out my comment on jess' 'chilvary' blog and let me know what you think...